Staying at a timeshare takes out a lot of the hassle involved in traveling – you tend to have more space, most timeshare units come with a kitchen and laundry facilities, and they often include many other amenities such as pools, golf, and entertainment. While your specific timeshare needs may differ whether you are traveling with a large family or a couple, I have compiled a list of 10 vacation-worthy timeshare locations that all travelers should take into consideration when planning their next vacation.
- Your closest beach or ski town – Many of the best vacations can be had right in your backyard! Taking a vacation to a resort close to home will save on airfare and avoid long car rides. This option also allows travelers to take a trip on short notice or for a shorter period of time, adding value and flexibility.
- Outer Banks, NC – I may be a little biased choosing this as travel destination #2 because I have been vacationing in the Outer Banks since I was a small child, but it is a spot worth your research. The Outer Banks is the perfect vacation spot for any traveler because of its eclectic mix of relaxation, activities, scenery, and nightlife. It really is a tourist-friendly destination and restaurant-owners, business-owners, and resort-owners will do their best to assure you have the best experience possible.
- Orlando, FL – This vacation mecca has enough timeshare resort choices to fit the needs of any traveler, whether you are meeting for a family reunion or on your honeymoon, Orlando will have the accommodations. This is a great spot to timeshare because you can visit the Disney parks and surrounding attractions without being surrounded by the hustle and bustle 24/7.
- Aruba – Timeshare in Aruba is hard to come by, which is why it is a fantastic location to obtain timeshare ownership. If you are lucky enough to acquire time here, forget about how much the airfare will cost and just go for it!
- Caribbean – The prices are usually reasonable for this location and the accommodations are world-class, which is probably why it is one of the top honeymoon destinations in the world. Get ready for a tropical, hot climate and your own private beach home to retreat to – complete with staff and plenty of charm.
- Myrtle Beach, SC – This destination will be sure to provide you with a good dose of southern hospitality and family fun. This is a great spot to bring all your favorite toys – surf boards, golf clubs, bicycles, and tennis equipment, and just enjoy the southern way of life.
- Breckenridge, CO – Majestic homes and condos abound in this sleepy ski-town. The views in and around Breckenridge will make you feel as though you are vacationing within an oil painting. While winters are the most popular time of year in Colorado, summers are filled with a variety of festivals and the warmer temperatures are perfect for hiking.
- Vermont/Berkshires – This is a perfect destination for those interested in antiquing and various outdoor activities. Similar to Breckenridge, this destination is most popular for skiing in winter and hiking in summer, but shopping is a sport all year ’round!
- Poconos, PA – Located in the Appalachian Mountains in northeastern PA, this is a spot overlooked by many. The Poconos boasts 7 state parks, numerous Native American historical sites, skiing, water sports, and are a great choice for outdoors enthusiasts. Can you really beat relaxing on a cedar deck in the woods on a hot summer night?
- Cancun, Mex – This location, often given a bad rap by rowdy spring breakers, offers clear water, clean beaches, and fantastic resort staff. All-inclusive packages that cover all meals and drinks are a good investment when traveling to this location, also be sure to look for deals that include perks such as: complementary massage, vouchers for various activities outside the resort, and savings on future visits. Check out the Link Velocity Directory for more great ideas!