Silent Valley Club Inc.

Silent Valley Club Inc.We joined Silent Valley Club near Banning, California 4 years ago. Since then the RV resort, (which claims to NOT be a timeshare, but basically is – same scam) has gone down hill and is poorly managed. The amenities have been cut due to the hard economic times and gas prices, and they have over 50% member defaults. Because they are in such financial straits they keep raising the dues and now are assessing every remaining member $400, due with only 4 weeks notice. I am defaulting. I have had enough.

Where are the lawmakers regarding timeshares….??? Is the timeshare lobby so strong with our politicians that the citizens are ignored? I am writing to my state and federal congressmen regarding these scams. Maybe we all should. Strength in numbers.

10 Responses to “Silent Valley Club Inc.”

1. Kimberly says:

I am trying to get out of our Silent Valley membership as well. Can’t even GIVE it away! Anyone had any luck?

• Urban says:

Kimberly
      I might be interested in your membership, how can I get intouch with you
      Urban

• Tim says:

We have a membership that we are no longer using. It is current and up to date. We will give it to you if you are interested. All you have to do is contact us and let us know. It was purchased in 1975 as a 99 year lease. Its expiration is 2074. We no longer have an RV, therefore will not use it. Please reply to this and let me know.

• Donna says:

My husband and I have been thinking about a membership. I have seen many just given away for free, transfer fee paid and an extra years membership in some cases. I am wondering why the evacuation? I keep seeing something about a lawsuit, do you know anything about that? We don’t want to land in the middle of a problem. Thanks

• Laura J. says:

Hi Donna, I was a member of Silent Valley Club for a few years and got rid of my membership about 8 years ago. There has been a lot of reviews online about the park going downhill and the difficulty/impossibility of getting out of a membership. My advice to you is visit as a guest to determine if you really like it there, and definitely read the fine print about having a membership, i.e. Dues, taxes and additional assement fees. I recently spent a weekend there and really enjoyed myself. To be honest I didnt see as many improvements as I would like to have seen, but I would consider getting a membership again. Hope this helps!!

• france says:

Hello
            My parents bought in Around 1974 I was probably around 14 years old. I have been going to Silent Valley for the last 43 years we are now 4th generation going to Silent Valley with many beautiful memories. What happens a lot of times is when you see memberships for sale it’s a lot of the older Generations who just can’t camp any more because of health reasons. Sometimes people have financial difficulties and also move out of state or sell their motorhomes.No it’s not a scam, it takes money to maintaining the facilities, the grounds, all employees. People have to pay for things in this world, nothing is free. However I will tell you that if you don’t Camp a lot it probably isn’t worth it. We come here so often that what we pay for annual dues is a drop in the bucket. I will tell you that we’re here for Easter, Labor Day, Memorial weekend, Halloween, Fourth of July, sometimes Thanksgiving and Christmas and throughout the summer. If you go to Silent Valley members page on Facebook, you will see people buying selling there membership. When someone speaks about an assessment fee it’s because you get people who decide to just stop paying their annual dues and it takes a certain budget to keep the place functioning so everybody has to pick up the tab for the people who have poor credit and default. We normally stay 30 days at a time, which is the most that you can stay then you have to leave the park for 10 days then you can come back and do another 30 if you want. What a lot of people do is come pick a spot, Park their rig and or tent if you have kids it’s a beautiful place to raise your kids, there’s always going to be someone who’s disgruntled and not happy with things and complain. Either you come enjoy it or you complain it’s your choice. When the summer months begin we have concerts on the weekends bands will come in and play different music we have a DJ that comes in and plays music for the kids we have so much to offer, pools, jacuzzis, dry heat saunas, bar, restaurant a small General Store, because people are here for so long we have a laundromat. It’s a small community and everyone knows everyone,its such a wonderful place to raise your kids.

• Elizabeth says:

I am trying to find a way out of ours too. Did you ever have any luck. I have left messages there asking what I can do, and they aren’t returned.

• france says:

if you are a member you can go to the voice of the valley Silent Valley official Message Board Facebook page and you can also go to Silent Valley members page on Facebook and sell your membership Everyone is always looking to buy. what a lot of people will do is ask the new buyer to pay background check fee and sometimes the member will pay for transfer fees but some people will ask the new member to pay for transfer fees also. I hope that helps I know people who are looking for memberships right now to buy.

2. Cindy says:

Did you ever get out of Silent Valley Club?

3. Chuck Sherman says:

That is the problem, there is no way out! I agree with what you say, the facility has gone sharply downhill, the maintenance, the activities, the store, the pools, etc. Yet you cannot opt out. I am at a loss for what to do myself. We are thinking of hiring a lawyer for help. They have included us on a lawsuit of some kind. I am considering a counter lawsuit.

Post a New Comment