Silent Valley Club Inc.

Silent Valley Club Inc.We joined Silent Valley Club near Banning, California 4 years ago. Since then the RV resort, (which claims to NOT be a timeshare, but basically is – same scam) has gone down hill and is poorly managed. The amenities have been cut due to the hard economic times and gas prices, and they have over 50% member defaults. Because they are in such financial straits they keep raising the dues and now are assessing every remaining member $400, due with only 4 weeks notice. I am defaulting. I have had enough.

Where are the lawmakers regarding timeshares….??? Is the timeshare lobby so strong with our politicians that the citizens are ignored? I am writing to my state and federal congressmen regarding these scams. Maybe we all should. Strength in numbers.

7 Responses to “Silent Valley Club Inc.”

1. Kimberly says:

I am trying to get out of our Silent Valley membership as well. Can’t even GIVE it away! Anyone had any luck?

• Urban says:

Kimberly
      I might be interested in your membership, how can I get intouch with you
      Urban

• Tim says:

We have a membership that we are no longer using. It is current and up to date. We will give it to you if you are interested. All you have to do is contact us and let us know. It was purchased in 1975 as a 99 year lease. Its expiration is 2074. We no longer have an RV, therefore will not use it. Please reply to this and let me know.

• Donna says:

My husband and I have been thinking about a membership. I have seen many just given away for free, transfer fee paid and an extra years membership in some cases. I am wondering why the evacuation? I keep seeing something about a lawsuit, do you know anything about that? We don’t want to land in the middle of a problem. Thanks

• Laura J. says:

Hi Donna, I was a member of Silent Valley Club for a few years and got rid of my membership about 8 years ago. There has been a lot of reviews online about the park going downhill and the difficulty/impossibility of getting out of a membership. My advice to you is visit as a guest to determine if you really like it there, and definitely read the fine print about having a membership, i.e. Dues, taxes and additional assement fees. I recently spent a weekend there and really enjoyed myself. To be honest I didnt see as many improvements as I would like to have seen, but I would consider getting a membership again. Hope this helps!!

2. Cindy says:

Did you ever get out of Silent Valley Club?

3. Chuck Sherman says:

That is the problem, there is no way out! I agree with what you say, the facility has gone sharply downhill, the maintenance, the activities, the store, the pools, etc. Yet you cannot opt out. I am at a loss for what to do myself. We are thinking of hiring a lawyer for help. They have included us on a lawsuit of some kind. I am considering a counter lawsuit.

Post a New Comment