How To Use a Timeshare Broker
eBay and Craigslist are quickly becoming major disappointments for people looking to sell a timeshare. While they were once the go-to sites to advertise a timeshare for sale and possibly sell an unwanted timeshare, they are now more of a hassle then they’re worth. Many people trying to get rid of a timeshare are now turning to a broker to take care of the timeshare sale for them. A broker can be a great way to get rid of an unwanted timeshare, but you’ll need to first do your research to learn how a timeshare broker can help you, and read timeshare broker reviews to make sure you’re dealing with a reputable brokerage.
Once you’ve done your research – Click here to read Using a Timeshare Broker, Pros and Cons of Using a Timeshare Broker and Timeshare Broker Services – you can use the following tips to help you sell a timeshare through a brokerage.
Tips on using a broker to sell your timeshare:
1) Make sure your timeshare broker is a licensed real estate broker.
2) Ask to review the broker’s portfolio of completed transactions. (This will help to ensure the brokerage has a solid knowledge of marketing, legal, and timeshare real estate intricacies).
3) Discuss payment right away. A legitimate broker will work based on a commission received as a result of the sale, they will not ask for an upfront payment.
4) Never pay an upfront fee for advertising, listing or appraisal fees.
5) Work with your broker to determine a realistic selling price using information from comparable units. This will save you both time and money.