Top 10 Shawnee and Pocono Mountain Attractions
If you are planning a trip to Shawnee or the Pocono Mountains you will be pleased to find that there are many activities in the area no matter what season you are traveling. The Poconos are known for their skiing and snowboarding in the winter, nature hikes in spring, rafting and canoing in summer, and fall foliage. The following is our top 10 of the places we went during our summer stay:
- Odd Lot Outlet – mail order closeouts, fun place to hunt for a bargain.
- Shawnee Playhouse – shows change every few months so check their website for current listings.
- Bushkill Falls – miles of waterfalls and hiking trails.
- Pocono Candle – watch the candles being made.
- Shawnee Play Place – water park/playground for kids 2-12.
- Delaware River – rafting, hiking, canoing, fishing, scenic routes.
- Caesars Pocono Resorts – gambling, entertainment.
- The Crossings Premium Outlets – over 100 stores from many designers.
- Pocono Bazaar -giant outdoor/indoor flea market.
- Pocono Snake and Animal Farm – mini zoo, you have to check out the tiger and the bear that are best friends.